We are all facing a situation that is truly unprecedented. The global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life. First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery. We are truly inspired by the selfless healthcare workers around the world who are on the front lines working tirelessly to care for people in need.
Second, at Donyati, as at your companies, we’re focused on the health and safety of our employees and their families. All of our employees around the world are now working in virtual offices to ensure we do our part to contain the spread of the virus. This change came swiftly and easily as we have a highly-distributed workforce, most of which was already accustom to working remotely, as well as the right tools in place to enable the transition. Since announcing the remote work initiative Donyati has continued to deliver the high level of performance, availability, and support that our Clients have come to expect.
Lastly, our team at Donyati remains laser-focused on the success of our Clients as we deal with this pandemic. Because we are strong on delivering global work virtually, we are happy to step in and support any client needs even if it is outside of the current scope. Do not hesitate to reach out to us for any additional support for you and your organization. While all our businesses are in uncharted territory, Donyati will continue to help your company weather the storm and our tireless commitment to your business’ success is stronger than ever.
Donyati’s core values rest on first maintaining the wellness and safety of our employees and clients. We have taken measures to do this while ensuring we maintain an excellent level of Customer service. As such, we have made the following changes to our business operations to ensure the health and wellbeing of all parties.
- Travel and Office Restrictions: As of March 8th, all business travel (domestic and international) has been halted. We are restricting office visits, and our employees are working in their virtual office.
- Client Policies: Full adherence of Client policies and directives as it relates to remote and virtual work, guest policies, and meetings.
- Social Distancing: Canceled all corporate gatherings, conferences, and large in-person meetings scheduled over the next month.
- Office Hygiene: Donyati leadership is promoting a culture of hygiene and sanitation (even in a virtual office environment). Teammates are asked to take the necessary precautions to minimize their ability to catch or spread COVID-19. This includes practicing social distancing, frequent hand washing / use of hand sanitizer, and wiping down of frequently used surfaces with disinfectant wipes. Teammates exhibiting signs of sickness are to alert management immediately and include any employees or clients they have met with over the prior 14 days.
- Active Following of Key Health Organizations: As the COVID-19 protocol is rapidly changing Donyati is closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to continuously improve our guidelines and recommendations (links provided below).
- Robust Virtual Work Capability: Our workforce has the tools necessary to work virtually without business disruption. From Office365 to virtual meeting rooms and everything in between Donyati is able to provide the same high level of service you have come to expect. In the rare case that remote access to your systems has not been granted we will immediately reach out to you to obtain the appropriate access.
We are here to support you and help navigate this crisis
- Because we are strong on delivering global work virtually, we are happy to step in and support any client needs even if it is outside of the current scope. In times like this Donyati steps up and will do whatever it takes to make our clients successful. Do not hesitate to reach out to us for any additional support for you and your organization.
Our first priority is keeping our employees and clients safe and healthy. We’ll continue to closely monitor the situation and will send regular updates. Please keep yourself, family and loved ones safe.