The Techno-functional Business Analyst will consult with clients and stakeholders, elicit and model requirements, verify requirements quality, validate requirements accuracy, and ensure that development teams have excellent, stable requirements to build software. This position will be working for a 1,000+ employee global insurance organization.
Location & Logistics
Candidates from all geographies will be considered, but San Antonio, TX is the preferred location for applicants. The position will require travel, which will vary based on project needs and phases, but should average out to approximately 25% – 50%.
So, what is Donyati? In short, we are a group of geeky entrepreneurs with a passion for what we do and are good at it. We are an organization comprised of former Big-4 consultants who were tired of feeling like commodities. We realized that while working for a “name brand” gave us a sense of legitimacy in the eyes of our clients, our ability to deliver world-class solutions and insights spoke for itself. We quickly found this hypothesis to prove true, and after a few short years we are already competing against the largest consulting firms in the world for high visibility projects – and we are winning.
- 3-5 years of Analyst experience
- Insurance industry experience is a big plus
- Possesses an expert understanding of software requirements management, and a solid understanding of user experience design, application programming and system design.
- Has a high level understanding of software systems and architectures.
- Proven in-depth, hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum/Lean software development methods, including the ability to lead and execute all software requirements/backlog management activities.
- Proven success in leading requirements management activities for new application development and/or application modernization/re-write projects.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to teach/mentor others around best practices in business systems analysis and requirements management.
- Experience in using/administering an issue management system
- Certification in business analysis is a big plus.
- Certification in agile disciplines and/or agile product ownership are a plus
Required Technical Skills:
- Previous experience as a Technical BSA, Technical Product Owner/Product Manager, Systems Analyst or Data Analyst.
- SQL writing experience required
- Working knowledge of ETL and OLAP fundamentals is required.
- Proven competency and comfort working on the technical aspects of software projects and systems analysis, including diving into the details of systems, mapping, querying, and scripting.
- Proven competency eliciting, interpreting and documenting elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, and data models.
If this sounds like something you might want to be a part of, then we encourage you to connect with us today!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org