The Business Data Analyst will play a significant role in gathering business requirements and helping the organization to implement Business Processes & Best Practices for Financial Transformation initiative of a leading Insurance client in Commercial / Personal Line of Insurance (P&C, Logistics, Auto or Life). Experience in Specialty Insurance is a plus.
The analyst will also translate intermediate high-level business/functional requirements into technical specifications for the IT organization and works with development to implement those changes.
- Utilize sound understanding of Insurance Business Processes & Best Practices in Insurance industry (Specialty Commercial), following products through the entire cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present technical and non-technical information to stakeholders (Especially Sr Management)
- Working knowledge of SDLC (Waterfall, prototyping, Iterative, Agile, etc.)
- Ability to design solutions and technical requirements by leveraging the appropriate tools and techniques
- Ability to organize requirements by features and user stories creating a backlog to be used throughout the project lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to document process flow charts and map business ideas to technical solutions
- Knowledge of best practices and/or ability to research/collaborate
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business systems, computing, metrics, or other related field
- 10 + years’ experience supporting all aspects of data collection, status tracking, interaction with project teams
- Experience with putting together status reports, risk register, issues logs etc
- Impact Analysis & Flow tracking (Policy, Claims, Billing) on Premium & Losses
- Experience with tracking the finances of each project stream with weekly status update against budgeted costs
- Experience with testing, documenting test cases, and data mapping
Location & Logistics
Candidates from all geographies will be considered, but Phoenix, AZ or San Antonio, TX are the preferred locations for applicants. The position will require travel, which will vary based on project needs and phases, but should average out to approximately 25%.
So, what is Donyati? In short, we are a group of geeky entrepreneurs with a passion for what we do and are good at it. We are an organization comprised of former Big-4 consultants who were tired of feeling like commodities. We realized that while working for a “name brand” gave us a sense of legitimacy in the eyes of our clients, our ability to deliver world-class solutions and insights spoke for itself. We quickly found this hypothesis to prove true, and after a few short years we are already competing against the largest consulting firms in the world for high visibility projects – and we are winning.
If this sounds like something you might want to be a part of, then we encourage you to connect with us today!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org