Donyati is looking for a Data Governance Business Analyst to help the Insurance Client and modernize the current Data Systems. We are rebuilding multiple tools using cutting edge technology hosted in cloud environment. You’ll work on data flow with an Architect and design the environment in secured way.
You can expect a fast-paced environment in which the team will be diving into some complex data flow with an equally complex process designed to help the client prepare the data warehouse. Modern data architecture is key for success. The client is also interested in hearing how they can improve data governance in their space.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Evolve and implement our long-term enterprise data management program. You will work with guidance of lead and perform data catalog, data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, and sensitive data management programs.
- As a Data Governance consultant, you will working under supervision of evolving and rolling out the data governance policies, principles and best practices across the company. Build productive working relationships with Business Technology and Business Unit teams to mature and implement the Enterprise Data Governance Strategy. You will also be involved in oversight for regulatory activities like privacy compliance, financial reporting, and applying data governance concepts, principles, and frameworks.
- This role is focused on AWS Cloud data governance control gates and implementing the associated processes and policies.
- Builds productive working relationships with the federated data governance groups within the company providing tools, capabilities and frameworks to evolve the maturity of those federated groups.
- Evolve the data management and governance program using industry frameworks, templates and expert organizations.
- Perform as guided with application development teams, data stewards, subject matter experts and other business and IT staff to execute data governance initiatives.
- Work metadata management utilizing our data catalog tool building out our business glossary, data stewardship, data lineage, and metadata framework capabilities.
- Utilize data profiling and data quality tools with various data sources to uncover and determine root causes of data quality issues and then work with the data stewards to repair the existing data errors and implement remediation steps to prevent data errors from occurring in the future.
- Mature our data stewardship program and work with data stewards in business value added data initiatives.
- Evolve data governance policy and standard writing and review along with developing short presentations for the department and senior level executives.
- Utilize various IT frameworks (ITSM, ITIL, etc.), guidelines and best practices to evaluate and make practical recommendations on IT data management policies, procedures, standards and controls.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Deep understanding of data governance concepts and tools.
- Deep understanding of AWS Cloud architecture and processes, AWS Certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and upper level management.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective negotiation, conflict management, and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations on Data Governance topics to all levels of the company.
- Self-starter with the initiative to act upon opportunities with little direction and moderate oversight.
- Working knowledge of Cloud, Postgres SQL, NoSQL, Teradata, or Oracle\SQL Server databases.
- Experience with Data Catalog, metadata management and business glossary tools like Alation, Collibra, ASG Brocade, DAG Metacenter or IBM Business Glossary.
- Experience with Data Quality (DQ) tools like Qlick, Attunity, Ab Initio DQE, IBM Quality Stage, Trillium, or SAS Data Flux.
If this sounds like something you might want to be a part of, then we encourage you to connect with us today!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org