The Senior Data Integrations developer will collaborate with internal customers, prospects and stakeholders, understand and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
- Directs, prepares, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains complex computer programs
- Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives
- Works with users to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs
- May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project
- Solves user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation
- Regularly provides coaching, guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers
- Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams and documents source to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion
- Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 1-2 junior developers in addition to hands on design and development of large complex ETL jobs.
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Validate data integration routines by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy and improvement.
- Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring and data cleansing techniques
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Experience in Data Warehousing preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree – preference in computer/information sciences or business/commerce.
- Strong communications skills – oral and written
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions
- Professional demeanor, working with senior level managers and vendors
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Strong sense of accountability, adaptability, flexibility and a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established time frames.
- Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
Compensation & Benefits
Donyati offers competitive compensation, benefits packages, and performance incentives dependent on the alignment of the applicant’s experience with the requirements of this position. We will accept applications for this role on both a Contract and FTE basis. We want you to feel your knowledge and expertise are valued and not treated like a commodity.
So, what is Donyati? In short, we are a group of geeky entrepreneurs with a passion for what we do and are good at it. We are an organization comprised of former Big-4 consultants who were tired of feeling like commodities. We realized that while working for a “name brand” gave us a sense of legitimacy in the eyes of our clients, our ability to deliver world-class solutions and insights spoke for itself. We quickly found this hypothesis to prove true, and after a few short years we are already competing against the largest consulting firms in the world for high visibility projects – and we are winning.
If this sounds like something you might want to be a part of, then we encourage you to connect with us today!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org