The job of a senior project manager requires in-depth knowledge and extraordinary skills that are not common in other project managers. Moreover, Senior project manager usually works in large organizations that work on more than one project at a time and almost all of their projects are complicated.
The Senior Project Manager leads a combination of staff and vendor resources in the most sensitive and critical IT projects for a global company. Experience working with stakeholders and applications serving users in Finance, Insurance, or Banking might be most appropriate for this role.
Location & Logistics
Candidates from all geographies will be considered, but Phoenix, AZ or San Antonio, TX are the preferred locations for applicants. The position will require travel, which will vary based on project needs and phases, but should average out to approximately 25% – 50%.
So, what is Donyati? In short, we are a group of geeky entrepreneurs with a passion for what we do and are good at it. We are an organization comprised of former Big-4 consultants who were tired of feeling like commodities. We realized that while working for a “name brand” gave us a sense of legitimacy in the eyes of our clients, our ability to deliver world-class solutions and insights spoke for itself. We quickly found this hypothesis to prove true, and after a few short years we are already competing against the largest consulting firms in the world for high visibility projects – and we are winning.
Deliver Project Management Program
It is the responsibility of a senior project manager to develop and deliver a project management program encompassing all the details of a project to the team members.
Set Realistic Goals
He/she should also set realistic and practical goals for the project. Moreover, he/she should also develop appropriate strategies for achieving these goals.
The individual must be extremely adaptable, mentor other project resources, and drive projects to completion diplomatically but on time and on budget. The role collaborates to define scope, requirements, project governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget, and adheres to company standards. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The position may lead/and or direct the work of others. Additional responsibilities may include project infrastructure set-up and reporting.
A successful candidate will be analytical, well-organized, detail-oriented, timeline sensitive, and politically savvy. They should be well versed in common office and project management tools such as Outlook, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Technical Knowledge and implementation experience
Enterprise Security tools such as, multi-factor authentication, Office 365, Outlook 2016 and VPN upgrade
Provide Coaching and Guidance
It is his/her duty to provide coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently. There is a need for technical understanding with out providing a technical solution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines, leads, and manages all aspects of the project, scope, budget, financial forecasting, scheduling, resources, and quality control of work products following company’s standards and governance guidelines and project management best practices.
- Develops and achieves consensus on as-is and to be states.
- Organizes and leads working sessions with various business and technical resources. Ensures sessions and subsequent work products are well documented and incorporated into overall project process and delivery.
- Develops and implements templates and standards for project deliverables and work products.
- Documents meeting minutes and decisions and tracks and manages project issues.
- Creates and presents status reports and executive dashboards on project progress and issues.
- Facilitates impact analyses of current/future technologies on the business unit.
- Contribute to and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
- Supports in the gathering and collating of data for regulatory and third
- Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project issues as necessary.
- Maintains project and/or program documentation including plans, status, and issue and risk tracking logs.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule as there are many early morning calls and some weekend coverage for projects as necessary.
**Travel is also expected at least once per quarter.**
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher
• Ten or more years of project management with demonstrated success must have a proven record of success in previous projects
• Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects within budget and on time
• Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, team building, mentoring, and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and document as-is and to be states
• Ability to communicate concisely and briefly
• Previous experience in Microsoft Office implementations, security, data and reporting systems, and/or business process management, and process improvement would be most helpful
• Ability to work independently and with minimum direction
• Ability to multi-task and respond to with multiple priorities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org