- Experience in Administration, Performance Tuning, Backup/Recovery, Upgrade, Security, Provisioning, Consolidation of, development, staging, validation, QA and production database environments.
- Oracle Certified DBA, proficient in Oracle 12c / 11gR1 / R2, Oracle 10g R2, 10.1.0.x, Oracle 9.2.0.x, Oracle 8.1.7.x design, installation, administration, management, performance tuning, upgrades, disaster recovery strategies, and high-availability solutions on Sun Solaris 10, 9, 8, HP Unix 11.x, AIX 5.x, 6.x, Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.0, Windows-2003, Windows-2000, Windows NT 4.0 environments, on HP Blade servers, Sun Sparc servers, HP and EMC SANs, Cloud
- Experience in design, deployment, administration, management of Disaster Recovery solutions, proficient in Business continuity and High availability solutions, Data-Guard, RAC, ASM and RMAN.
- Efficient knowledge Monitoring, Troubleshooting RAC cluster using Srvctl, TAF.
- Strong experience in implementing and monitoring Physical Standby Database for Data Guard disaster recovery technique and DGMGRL
- Responsible for Installation & upgradation of oracle databases.
- Migrating databases from 11g to 12c.
- Monitoring & maintaining the production databases
- Allocating system storage requirements for the production database system.
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Auditing the database objects and system privileges.
- Managing User privileges & Roles.
- Setting up batch jobs for monitoring tablespaces & setting up daily & weekly backup using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Database Backup & Recovery using hot backup (tablespaces) and logical backup (export).
- Creating new databases according to the project plan.
- Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) post design of an application.
- Modifying the database & structure as required
- Tuning Production databases for better performance. Tuning SGA, Altering the database parameters.
- Controlling & maintaining user access to the data.
- Managing the online redo logs.
- Managing control files, schema objects, view sequences & synonyms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
- Minimum of ten years of experience in technical role
- Strong understanding of Oracle architecture
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org